Saturday, November 30, 2013

Swarocean- Půlnoční - Václav Neckář & Umakart





It is a Czech Christmas song which drew me in because of its pensive score and general arrangement. I honestly know little about it though Wiki tells me that Vaclav Neckar is a celebrated Czech actor and singer. I am not even sure if I know how the names here are pronounced but this apparent gulf to me is a true indication of how music really transgresses all kinds of fathomable boundaries. 

With the drum tempo it has, it is a good song to go tap-tap on your desk as it plays along with an occasional "Hallelujah" when it comes up in the song. And if you can, please pay some attention to the song video as well which tells a story or two in its own manner. 

(Recently I have put some posts on Quora blog Swarocean  which I am going to henceforth cross-post here. The blog is about songs which are not very well known but are rare accomplishments in their own rights. Unheard tunes, in different languages, but each make a sound which kick up a familiar feeling somewhere. That the world emanates from you.  That feeling of अहं ब्रह्मास्मिMusic, indeed knows no boundaries.  But close your eyes and feel that the music makes you limitless as well.) 

No comments: